2/17/21

WOW - what a long time!

 Well, here we are in 2021, and I haven't posted on this site in 9 years. I happened to come across it by accident, having subscribed to a blogger's writings and it logged me in. I didn't even remember that I had this! On the positive, I did realize that Dad had a lot of his writings from when he was at Morganton Baptist on HIS blog site, so I've been able to pull those off of that and save them onto my personal computer. And the cool thing is that he did a sermon series on the one that I am doing now. 

Oh, I should probably mention some changes that have happened in the last 9 years, at least on a person level. First, the older twins are now nearly 10. Samuel and Joshua are in the 3rd grade now. Their twin siblings, Amelia and Quinton, were born in 2013 in early November. There was some craziness right after they were born that I might blog about in the next few days to preserve for posterity, but this is not the time. 

Besides that, I worked for two different companies as a merchandiser. This became my second career, even if I sort of fell into it. I worked with Anderson Merchandisers from 2014-2016, then worked at Food Lion in Blue Ridge as a deli worker (using a lot of the skills I acquired when I worked in food service), plus learned how to decorate cupcakes and cakes a bit. After leaving there in 2017, I worked with Schwan's Foods until September of 2020 as a merchandiser putting up pizzas and other such things like that. 

Dad passed away in November 2017 of a massive heart attack. It was completely sudden, and he didn't know what hit him. We moved in with Mom in February 2018, and now have a house of our own right next door to her. We lost Tasha's Mom, Bonnie, to cancer in November 2020. It's been a rough time losing parents in November. 

As I mentioned, I left Schwan's in September of last year. The reason for this was that I was called as the pastor of Mount Lebanon Baptist Church in Suches, Georgia. I've been hoping and praying for the opportunity to preach on a regular basis since I was ordained in 2011. God really provided greatly for this opportunity to come open. I'll write more about this later as well in an upcoming post. 

Just as always, more later...

No comments: