10/20/08

What a day...

So, I did get some good news today. The church that I put my resume into for their Youth Minister position contacted me earlier. It's a part-time position (which is just funny to me...no minister position is ever part-time!). It sounds pretty promising, but I'm going to be in a wait-and-see mode until something happens.

For those of you who aren't familiar with how Baptist Churches work, basically they present my resume to a committee, and if the whole committee wants to talk to me, they'll call me in. After that, if they still want me, they'll present me to the church in the next conference that they have (which is coming up within the next about two or three weeks, and this church meets only quarterly!). If the church then votes to have me as their minister, then I'll be in. :) It sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. :)

I'll keep everyone updated as things happen! :) More later!

No comments: