1/27/10

SO frustrated right now

So, as y'all know, I'm searching in earnest to find a church position before too long. However, I keep running into a major roadblock. It's that almost every church now wants someone who's "experienced". Now, why this is frustrating me is that none of these churches are taking into account that I have volunteered for nearly every position that is available to me in a variety of different church settings. Why doesn't this count? And also, if I can't get a job, how am I supposed to get experience?! It's SO frustrating. I know that God wants me to serve, and I know that I'm doing the right thing in applying to places, but where is it all leading right now? I know God's leading me, and I know he'll put me in the right place, but I just don't understand everything right now.

Arg. Got to get homework done too. More later....

1 comment:

Nathan said...

There was a movie in the mid-80s that starred Michael J Fox called "The Secret of My Success" where he basically deals with the same question: how do I get experience if I can't get a job?! I had the same troubles, if you recall. Just keep clinging to God and He'll put you where He wants you. You may also want to put on your resume: 7th generation PK. Just sayin.