8/7/08

Brand spankin' new

So, here is another thing for me to waste time on!

Nathan, Mom, Kayla, and many others have their own blog, so I've decided to jump on the bandwagon here as well.

Things have been sort of crazy this week. Tasha has started school with students this week. It's not exactly been a bed of roses, but I think that this year will be going better than last. Also, I'm basically out of a job as of right now. I was working with Development at Kennesaw State, but the monies for Federal Work Studies has dried up even into the Fall. Today, though, I received an email from Dr. Betty Siegel's Executive Assistant. A few weeks ago (while working on my term paper for Senior Seminar), I had the opportunity to talk to her in person and ask her a few questions. She apparently took a shine to me and asked me to send her a copy of my paper. She is looking for someone who can do research and also help with grant writing. For some of you that know, I have harbored a dream of one day being a historical researcher, but there has been little to no way for me to get into this. I feel that this is God's way of me being able to, at least for a while, do something that I love. I don't know if I'll get the job or not, and it's also only part-time, but I really honestly want it. It would enable me to finish my bachelor's, though.

Well, more later. I'll update tomorrow when I know what time my interview is. :D

No comments: