8/13/08

Fresh outta school...soon!

So, I dropped one class and ended up adding another in its place. The class that I dropped was PE 1001 basically, and it was going to meet on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5 - 6:45. The reason that I did this was because I was sure that I was going to get the job in Development a few weeks ago and I needed another class to qualify for financial aid for this upcoming semester. Obviously, since I got the job with Dr. Siegel, I didn't need to have this late class and be coming home somewhere between 3 and 4 hours after Tasha was home. (No fun!) The class that I will be taking is with Dr. Oral Moses, one of the leading scholars on African-American Music in the United States, and it looks like perhaps only 3 people (including myself) are going to be in it. Should be interesting!

I have been considering my future right now and God's been working with me a lot. What I really have dreamt of for a long time was to finish my history degree and be able to work in a research position. I honestly didn't think that this was going to be possible after my first few years of bombing my GPA in college. Most places that do research look at GPA and see that first, then decide who they can trust. However, this all said, I have gotten a part-time position with Dr. Siegel for at least this upcoming semester doing research for her and her special projects. She is the President Emeritus, and also is very well connected with the University and Cobb County. For once, it seems that God has given me a break to fulfill part of a dream that may lead to bigger and better things.

The other part is trying to decide what I am going to try to get a Master's Degree in. I want to take at least a semester off, but in thinking about how hard it was to get started back this time around, I'm almost tempted to apply for some places and see if I can get in this upcoming January. I would probably be looking at an online degree unless I could get into a program at Kennesaw somehow (maybe probationary?).

In any case, it's going to be an extraordinary semester. I can't wait to graduate (except having to pay for graduation fees..ug!)...

More later!

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

we can't wait for you to graduate either (ha-ha). thanks for helping bj. check out his new face book page. talk to you later. love you, mom