9/7/08

Crazy weeks...

It's been an interesting few weeks in the newest of the Jones household. I am in my final semester of college and actually sort of struggling just a bit with the readings. I have never claimed to be a philosopher, nor do I ever think that I will be. However, because of the courses that I have to take at Kennesaw State, I am forced to take at least one, and it is American Philosophy. Talking recently with another student worker in the Office of Development, she stated that it takes a while for the 'novice' student to learn how to expand their minds to accept all that is philosophy. How absolutely absurd! I feel that my experiences and the way that I have learned how to learn have gotten me to the point that I am at, and I feel that I have an extraordinarily open mind towards ideas in classes. What is hard at this point is the fact that we are reading Emerson, and much like the orators and writers of the 19th Century, they tend to be long winded and write in analogies. I do, however, tend to grasp the ideas that Emerson is stating when he speaking or writing on the soul, and of how church and pastors had become stale during that time.

The second frustration in my life right now is that I am waiting on two different jobs to come through. The first one is with Dr. Siegel's office. She is the President Emeritus at Kennesaw, and she needs researchers for her office. However, I have now been waiting nearly a month to begin there, basically treading water in the Office of Development. I also have been cut down to only 5 hours a week working my work study. I am supposed to work 20 in Dr. Siegel's office, and I'm REALLY ready to move on. The other job is with Development, but it is within a sort of sub-office within the overall structure. I think that it would be a great opportunity for me becuase I already seem to have a good raport with the person who would be my boss. It's just a waiting game for him. He's got the money for the position, but the school has to sign off on what seems like a million forms to actually approve the position. Basically all I'm waiting for is for him to email or to call me and tell me that it is open for my resume, and hopefully he'll not interview a lot of people and I'll have a chance to work at Kennesaw for a VERY long time!

The final thing that is going on in our lives right now is that we are trying to get pregnant, but we are having a few difficulties. I've had to go for a few tests (another coming up on Friday), and Tasha has as well. The doctors think that they have the problem pinpointed, and it doesn't seem that it will completely keep us from having children. However, Tasha might be going on a hormonal drug that might cause her to release multiple eggs at once, which might get REALLY interesting in the next few months. I have resigned myself to what God has in store for Tasha and myself, and I am coming to a peace about this whole situation.

I've also been working through a Beth Moore book that looks at John. I am seeing a lot of what Jesus saw in John, and I am realizing that there is a lot of the same charachteristics that we share (not all, but some!). It's amazing to me to think exactly what God can do once we give ourselves completely over. I don't exactly know what I am supposed to do after I graduate. I've been praying quite a bit lately for wisdom and understanding, as well as signs for what I should do. So far, the curtain has not been raised for me to see it, but I know that God will do so soon (a strong indication of this is every time I pray, I am told to be patient and good things will come). I am also reminded quite a few times of the old joke of the person who prayed to win the lottery for years. Finally, God said to the person, You want to win the lottery? At least meet me halfway and buy a ticket! To me, it says to be patient, but also keep up contacts with certain people, visit certain offices, and also be open to the possibilities that might be put in my way.

Well, I have to go to bed because it's 12:03 right now and I have to be up in 8 hours for school. (Boo...) I'm sure that those of you who wake up at the crack of dawn are going to hate me for that, but hey, I'm sure that it'll be all too soon when I am working those long hours as well. :)

More later!

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

know that you are being prayed for and remember, god is good all the time and all the time......