9/8/08

Well, that's just great...

As you can tell from the title, that's what I said when I got my first paper back in Philosophy. I received a wonderful D+. At least I didn't fail, but it's about as close as you can get without failing at Kennesaw. I probably didn't give it my best that I could have, but I thought that it was a tight paper nonetheless. I made clear points, and also backed up my statements with things from the text. However, the teacher said that I didn't go deep enough for her in my statements, and that I seem to have given the short shrift to the work in my 3 1/2 pages that I wrote (interesting to me is that she stated in class that anything over four pages, she would grade the first four and that was it. I really hate writing when I have a certain amount of pages and then get told that I didn't write enough).

On the positive side, it seems that Tasha and I are going to be joining a Journey (aka: small) group with Oak Leaf now. We really have been hooking in with this church, and I feel that we are going to be able to serve a lot easier than we would have anywhere else. Talking to one of the Journey group leaders on Sunday, and their goal is to have more groups than they did the year before. Now, this is not a "hey, everybody needs to do it" kind of thing. They are still selective about who becomes a Journey Group leader. However, I feel that either next turn or next year when they reform that Tasha and I might be the leaders of one. Of course, this is going to have to be prayed over quite a bit, and also it might take some convincing for Tasha to give up one of her nights to teach even more. ;) (I love you Sweetie!) I just know that in my prayers that I feel very good about this church, and I feel like we might have found a home church here.

Talking about home churches, I was thinking yesterday about Bethabara. What an amazing church that was when I was growing up. It was my first exposure to how good a church could be, but also in how some programs wouldn't work and having to try different ones. I hope one day that I can serve a church like Bethabara like Dad did, and I mean that in that Tasha and I could help a church grow and set them up into something that will become even bigger and better that will glorify God.

Got to head to bed..the thunderstorms are wracking my body tonight. Again, a reminder not to hit walls, fall down a hillside, do half-splits with Sousaphones on, or to try to stop a skate by turning the skate sideways...ug. ;) More later!

1 comment:

keyofdjonz said...

first of all, now you know what your professor wants. i think it's great that could possibly be small group leaders, i think ya'll would be awesome! and finally, you know that we are praying for you and tasha and everything will be ok. we love you!!!